Monday, June 13, 2011

grrlpower reading

The readit2011 theme for May was grrlpower. I did not seem to get much reading done this month and not much was on this theme. I had a few did not finish titles, and there are several other titles I am still reading which I will finish.

I shall wear midnight by Terry Pratchett was a stand out read. It was a tale of disharmony becoming harmony. Tiffany Aching exemplified #grrlpower – as she was a very self possessed witch.

Another outstanding reading was Trouble twisters by Garth Nix and Sean Williams. This is a start of a series and I am looking forward to reading the other titles when they become available. Great use of normal objects in a scary/suspense way – amazing scenes involving cockroaches and mice.

I completed a series by Sean Williams by reading The hanging mountain (which is about changing perspective) and The devoured earth. I did not like the main female character as she is very annoying, but other than that they were very enjoyable reads with interesting perspectives.

Sunken treasure by Wil Wheaton is a gem, and Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stephenson a pleasurable mix of frustration and fun.

I also read New Scientist and Jamie.

detail of #grrlpower teacosy

No comments:

Post a Comment