Saturday, June 2, 2012

Cory Doctorow

UntitledI was able to hear Cory Doctorow last night, as part of Vivid.

I had heard him speak when he was in Australia for Aussiecon a few years ago, and it was a pleasure to be able to hear him again.

You can hear the podcast of his talk, read Boing boing, or check out his blog.

Make sure you also check out his other writing as well.

He reminds us that we all need to take action about improving copyright.

So I have followed Peter Black and Matthew Rimmer on twitter and  connected with Delimiter.  This only goes so far.  I now have to decide what to do next with these ideas, because I do want copyright to change and be better for those who create content and for those who use/access the content.

I am also going to reread How to fix copyright by William Patry which I initially found out about because I read Cory Doctorow's posts on Boing boing.


No comments:

Post a Comment