Thursday, October 15, 2015

My review of A little book of craftivism

A Little Book of CraftivismA Little Book of Craftivism by Sarah Corbett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

The title sums it up well. The reader is given the background to Sarah Corbett's involvement in craftivism, and that leads into the rest of the book. There are some strategies about how to be most effective in craftivism, and also information about how to cross stitch. There is wit in the strategies as the aim is to engage. There are some very good strategies, many involving action and patience.

This is very much a personal view (but that is kind of the point of this book). I would suggest reading it as a companion piece to Craftivism: The Art of Craft and Activism but it stands alone too. I read it because I had been following the author on social media.

It is an engaging and quick books to read. It is also a book to go away and think about, and to look back at.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment