Sunday, June 11, 2017

A few thoughts about Grief works: stories of life, death and surviving

Grief Works: Stories of Life, Death and SurvivingGrief Works: Stories of Life, Death and Surviving by Julia Samuel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read this book because I heard a talk by the author on Dan Snow's history hits. I would suggest going and listening to this first.

This is an impressive book, and although I have finished it, and returned it to the library, it is one which I want to reread and mull over more. This book highlights the need to talk about death in whatever way is most needed by those who grieve. It is a series of stories of different people grieving. At times this is a very sad books to read, and a little awkward on public transport, or other public locations. This is one to consider adding to library collections, but also reading yourself. It is hard hitting while also being very gentle and compassionate. One to read to think about how you grieve, but also how you can help others who are grieving. There is no simple solution, but there are a few things not to do. Give it a go. It is most likely to appeal to people who read for story or character.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment